Senior Project Manager - Actemium Vancouver
Reports to the Business Unit Manager
Join our team of project management experts who innovate and smile, lots.
Are you a creative problem solver? Do you enjoy collaborating with like-minded individuals to achieve a common goal? Actemium Vancouver is seeking a team player who has experience as project manager or in electrical, controls and automation or systems design in manufacturing environments, specifically food, beverage, and life science industries.
What you’ll be doing
- Support both the customer and internal/external project teams in the coordination, management, and delivery of technical engineering solutions that meet the project objectives
- Key team leader involved throughout the full project lifecycle – from preliminary assessments and engineering design through installation, construction, and testing
- Organize and run meetings with the customer and senior project management staff to understand and define the project scope requirements
- Identify project deliverables and drive project team to successfully execute and achieve those deliverables
- Follow all customer site-specific safety policies or procedures and lead by example to ensure contractors and/or vendors are adhering to safety requirements
- Identify, assess, and escalate potential job-site hazards; assist customers in any health and safety root cause analysis and corrective action planning as required
- Develop project budget in partnership with the customer and senior project management staff through the gathering of estimates from third party vendors and/or contractors
- Develop project schedule in partnership with the customer and senior project management staff to ensure all equipment and services can be purchased, scheduled, implemented, and commissioned/tested/qualified in alignment with the required customer launch date
- Maintain, track, and report on both the project budget and schedule on a routine basis
- Manage change orders and report schedule/budget impacts internally and externally as required
- Identify, track, and lead the resolution of project deviations or deficiencies to ensure the finished project is aligned with the project requirements
- Liaise with vendors to obtain lead times of equipment and services and track up until final delivery
- Provide on-site management when equipment arrives or contractors are on site. Daily supervision of all contractors and overall site activities is required
- Develop, issue, and evaluate tender packages alongside client and in alignment with client’s purchasing policies
- Assist in site acceptance tests to ensure all equipment and systems meet the performance guarantees that were originally committed to as part of the equipment supplier contract agreements
- Learn different customer accounts and how they run their businesses; this includes products, processes, people, culture, short and long term business goals, etc.
- Become a dependable and integral member of each customer’s team and help them achieve their business objectives
- Will only consider applicants located in the Vancouver area
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical preferred, but all engineering disciplines will be considered)
- 10+ years proven project management experience in a manufacturing/industrial setting
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrate engineering aptitude / experience within a Food & Beverage production environment
- Ability to interact at all levels of a manufacturing organization – shop floor to board room
- Time and priority management skills
- Ability to effectively manage and lead external / third party contractors and service suppliers
- Ability to manage difficult situations and a strong decision making ability under pressure
- A broad understanding of the basic principles regarding various aspects and impacts of facilities, services, and process engineering
- General understanding of equipment safeguarding in a production environment
- Has working knowledge of control systems
About your working environment
- Will be required to wear protective equipment in designated areas such as: hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and steel toed safety boots
- May be exposed to cold, heat and humidity, loud noise levels, and dust
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Local travel (Greater Vancouver Area)
- Overtime as required
What you need to know about us
At Actemium Vancouver, you can put your creative problem-solving abilities to the test each day by supporting the execution of industrial automation projects for our various customers. You will be working with a local team and professionals from the worldwide Actemium network. Your efforts will contribute to work being completed safely, on time, on budget and meeting stated project deliverables.
Actemium Vancouver is an established leader in controls integration, project management, and engineering services for a wide range of clients in a variety of industries. The main industries we support include Food & Beverage, Brewing, and Life Sciences. This is a full-time permanent role reporting directly to the Business Unit Manager.
To be successful in this role
The Project Manager will be responsible for supporting the execution of projects for various customers within a variety of production and manufacturing industries. Their objectives will be to ensure work is completed safely, on time, on budget and meeting the stated project deliverables. The Project Manager will possess strong communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills. Assignments will consist of projects within the Greater Vancouver Area (GVA) with the potential of projects to be located across Canada/USA. To be successful in this role, the incumbent must be hands on, adaptable, and possess the ability to lead, manage, and influence change within various organizational environments. Travel to customer sites is expected and the incumbent must be comfortable working at customer sites for varying amounts of time.
Accessibility is important to us
We are committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit applicants, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. For this reason, the selection process will include, but is not limited to, testing on the requirements listed above and a background check.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.