Intermediate Reliability Specialist - Actemium Toronto
Reports to the Client Manager
Join our team of Asset Care specialists.
We are in immediate need of enthusiastic, high-performing Reliability Specialists / EITs, preferably with CPG or Pharma experience. This is NOT an entry-level position; we need you to hit the ground running using your previous knowledge and expertise. We are offering an excellent chance to learn and grow in an exciting work environment on a talented and rapidly expanding team. This is a full-time hybrid role based in the GTA.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the development, implementation, and operation of the Reliability Program for new or ongoing Asset Care projects.
- Manage the research, development, and implementation of the processes and procedures in accordance with Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) principles to improve equipment performance and reliability for our customers.
- Mentor Jr. Reliability Specialists in gathering information for equipment and systems.
On any given day you will be:
- Building of equipment hierarchies based on the OEM documentation provided.
- Building of plant maintenance BoMs (RSPL & parts that have potential to fail).
- Contacting of vendors with RFQs to retrieve pricing and lead times for all items added to plant maintenance BoM.
- Spares Analysis process using SOS (Spares Optimization System) software.
- FMEA development with Mitigating Actions using RCM style approach.
- Creation of Hierarchies, BoMs, Spares, Measuring Points, Task Lists, and Maintenance Plans and providing final sign-off for submission to SAP Integration process.
- A bachelor’s degree in science or engineering (mechanical engineering preferred), or extensive and applicable work experience.
- 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment (in a maintenance/engineering department).
- The ability to read and analyze Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- High proficiency using Microsoft Excel (Functions, Macros)
- Working knowledge of Reliability/World Class Manufacturing (WCM) concepts and methodologies
- Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment with predictive technologies.
- Experience in FMEA, RCFA, reliability centered maintenance (RCM) and other reliability engineering approaches.
- In-depth knowledge of MRO spares optimization methodologies and best practices.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) such as SAP (PM and/or MM), Maximo, or Oracle EAM.
- Automation skills using Excel VBA
About your working environment
- Will be required to wear protective equipment in designated areas such as: hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and steel toed safety boots
- May be exposed to cold, heat and humidity, loud noise levels, and dust
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Local travel (Greater Toronto Area)
- Overtime as required
What you need to know about us
At Actemium, you can put your creative problem-solving abilities to the test each day by supporting the execution of asset care projects for our various customers. You will be working with a local team and professionals from the worldwide Actemium network. Your efforts will contribute to work being completed safely, on time, on budget and meeting stated project deliverables.
Actemium is an established leader in controls integration, project management, and engineering services for a wide range of clients in a variety of industries. The main industries we support include Food & Beverage, Brewing, and Life Sciences. This is a full-time permanent role reporting directly to the Client Manager. The Asset Care team consists of a high-performance group of specialists.
To be successful in this role
The Intermediate Reliability Specialist will support the execution of projects for our various customers. The incumbent must have the desired experience and be positive and cheerful, hands on, adaptable, enjoy taking on challenges, and able to cut through the small stuff to get the job done. Travel to customer sites is expected and the incumbent must be comfortable working at sites for varying amounts of time. Assignments will consist of projects within the Greater Toronto Area with the potential of projects to be located across Canada/USA.
Accessibility is important to us
We are committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit applicants, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. For this reason, the selection process will include, but is not limited to, testing on the requirements listed above and a background check.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.