Industrial Automation Specialist - Actemium Vancouver
Reports to the Operations Manager
Join our team of industrial automation experts who innovate and smile, lots.
Are you a creative problem solver? Do you enjoy collaborating with like-minded individuals to achieve a common goal? Actemium Vancouver is seeking a team player who has experience as an automation engineer in systems integration or in electrical, controls and automation or systems design in manufacturing environments, specifically food, beverage, and life science industries.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop PLC/HMI/SCADA applications
- Perform work to design, test and implement all aspects of an industrial automation solution.
- Prepare documentation packages (design documents, FAT/SAT, end-user manuals, training manuals)
- Install the applications and commissioning at our client’s facility
- Work closely with internal Electrical Designers to; (1) establish requirements for electrical design, (2) review/approval of electrical designs, (3) redline markups post commissioning.
- Perform field survey work as necessary to evaluate proper design constraints.
- Work with electrical personnel to perform I/O checks and leads troubleshooting activities.
- Accountable for project results including attainment of financial targets for assigned projects.
- Become a dependable and integral member of each customer’s team and help them achieve their business objectives
- Will only consider applicants located in the Vancouver area
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or College Diploma based on an electrical, controls and automation or systems design field
- 3+ years working in Industrial Automation
- Expert in programing of PLCs, HMI, SCADA
- PLC/HMIs experience with Allen-Bradley (SLC, PLC-5, & Logix Families), Siemens (TIA Portal, S7) are preferred (GE, Omron, Schneider are also acceptable)
- HMI experience with FactoryTalk View ME/SE preferred (Ignition, Wonderware, iFIX are also acceptable)
- Excellent knowledge of industrial I/O and field wiring
- Understanding of electrical design, especially 600/480VAC, 120VAC and 24VDC power distribution and loop diagrams
- PID loop programming and tuning
- Valid class G drivers license and personal transportation to travel to customer job sites
- Pharmaceutical automation experience including a thorough understanding of GMP/cGMP, GAMP, S88, CFR 21 Part 11 (ERES)
- Experience with PlantPAx distributed control system
- Experience with E-plan or ACAD Electrical
- Knowledge of machine safety Z432-16
- Knowledge of hazardous area classifications
- Instrumentation selection, knowledge of Anderson, E+H and/or Rosemount
- Eng. or CTE designation
About your working environment
- Will be required to wear protective equipment in designated areas such as: hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and steel toed safety boots
- May be exposed to cold, heat and humidity, loud noise levels, and dust
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Local travel (Vancouver Area and travel to Calgary)
- Overtime as required
What you need to know about us
At Actemium Vancouver, you can put your creative problem-solving abilities to the test each day by supporting the execution of industrial automation projects for our various customers. You will be working with a local team and professionals from the worldwide Actemium network. Your efforts will contribute to work being completed safely, on time, on budget and meeting stated project deliverables.
Actemium Vancouver is an established leader in controls integration, project management, and engineering services for a wide range of clients in a variety of industries. The main industries we support include Food & Beverage, Brewing, and Life Sciences. This is a full-time permanent role reporting directly to the Operations Manager. The Automation team consists of a high-performance group of managers, engineers, and technicians.
To be successful in this role
The Automation Specialist will support the execution of industrial automation projects for our various customers. The incumbent must have the desired experience and be positive and cheerful, hands on, adaptable, enjoy taking on challenges, and able to cut through the small stuff to get the job done. Travel to customer sites is expected and the incumbent must be comfortable working at sites for varying amounts of time. Assignments will consist of projects within the Vancouver area and Calgary, with the potential of projects to be located across Canada/USA.
Accessibility is important to us
We are committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit applicants, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. For this reason, the selection process will include, but is not limited to, testing on the requirements listed above and a background check.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.